For 16-17 year olds
Each summer we hire 8-9 guys and 8-9 girls to be a part of our sought-after Staff-in-Training (SIT) program. The goal of Susque's Staff-in-Training program is to prepare young adults to be our future summer staff. The program covers many different aspects of camp and offers training in critical job skills such as leadership and self-initiative.
Each group of SITs comes for 4 weeks and rotates between our Support Staff and Program Staff areas. The main tasks of SITs vary, but typically include dishes, cleaning, running the Snack Shop, and assisting Counselors with campers. SITs are overseen and led by the Boys or Girls SIT Director.
Requirements, Responsibilities, & Objectives
These items can be found in the Staff-in-Training job description.
Salary & Benefits
SITs receive a base salary of $210 a summer.
In addition to the base salary, SITs receive the following benefits:
- Access to our onsite health services
- Opportunity to be certified in 1st Aid, CPR, and Waterfront Lifeguarding at a discount price
Dates for Summer 2016
- Boys Staff-in-Training Program: June 19-July 16
- Girls Staff-in-Training Program: July 10-August 6
Sample Daily Schedule
|8:30||Breakfast with campers|
|9:00||Morning Chores/Job Shadowing|
|6:00||Evening Activities with Campers|
How to Apply to be a SIT
- Fill out the Staff Application.
- Interviews for the SIT program will begin February 1.
- SIT applications will be considered in the order they are received until the SIT program is full.